NASHVILLE, Tenn.—MAPCO has revamped its design and offerings to deliver its new “Store of the Future” concept, beginning with the rollout of multiple new technologically advanced features, according to a news release.
MAPCO began introducing its enhanced open floor plan with five stores in 2021, including its rebuilt Nashville flagship location, and seven additional store openings are planned for 2022 with over a dozen existing stores being rebuilt using the new model.
At new and renovated stores, customers can experience MAPCO’s new touchscreen fountain machines, with over 20 beverage offerings including ICEE and fresh coffee. These locations also boast new food displays including roller grills, hot and cold grab-n-go options, gondolas of favorite snacks, commonly needed household items and a beer cave. The updated interior includes expanded restrooms, with modern large-scale tiles and custom tile backsplashes, and bright, welcoming messaging throughout the store.
“The MAPCO team is doubling down in 2022 on our commitment to offering our guests a Better Break, where they can refresh and recharge at their pace,” said Frederic Chaveyriat, chief executive officer at MAPCO. "Our new slate of modernized stores are just the latest examples of how we go above and beyond to deliver the best customer experience, and we cannot wait to have our guests enjoy them.”
Other new tech-forward offerings at select MAPCO locations include:
- MAPCO Scan App: At 50 MAPCO stores, customers can save time and enjoy contact-free shopping by downloading the MAPCO Scan app, which allows them to checkout through their smartphone as they shop.
- Grabango Cashierless Checkout: Beginning in fall 2022, customers at two select MAPCO locations in Nashville can save time with checkout-free technology offered through Grabango’s cashierless technology. Customers simply download the Grabango mobile app, shop as they normally would and then bypass the checkout line by scanning a special QR code on their phones.
- Self-Checkout: MAPCO also offers self-checkout options for customers at six of its stores with plans to expand this service to 40+ existing locations, as well as in all new stores opening in 2022 and beyond.
- Companywide AllPoint ATMs: MAPCO recently upgraded its ATM services, equipping each store with a standardized Allpoint system that offers surcharge-free transactions for guests within the network, as well as access to cash without the fees of a traditional ATM.
- Amazon Lockers: Currently available at 22 stores and with plans to expand with new store openings in 2022, MAPCO’s Amazon Lockers provide guests with a secure, self-service kiosk to pick up their packages. They can also be used to make a return.
In addition, customers can take advantage of MAPCO’s value-driven MY Reward$ loyalty program at all MAPCO locations. New members can enjoy 20 cents off per gallon on their first fill up of gas.
MAPCO’s “Store of the Future” design—created in collaboration with retail design firm Chute Gerdeman, Chilean design firm Vial AG and Architect of Record HFA—was recently recognized by Shop!, a global trade association dedicated to enhancing retail environments and experiences, as a winner of the 2021 Shop! Design Gold Award in the Convenience category. The award showcases achievements in visual presentations, renovations, fixtures, new store designs, in-store communications and more. It is judged by an independent panel based on criteria like design innovation, originality of space and use of materials, as well as quality of concept execution.