CSX provides customizable tools for financial and operational analysis and benchmarking to the industry. Subscribers can view their performance in metrics such as sales and margins for fuel and inside categories. Merchandise and foodservice subcategories sales and margin reporting has recently been added. Subscribers can also benchmark expense line items, financial ratios and compare operational measures such as employee productivity, turnover and transaction counts. The data can be viewed through several different filters including:
- Time—CSX contains historical data from 2001 to the present
- Firm level—down to store level where applicable
- Geography—all NACS regions, customizable regions and state level (where available)
- Chain size—NACS chain size classifications A-E
- Rankings—Quartile rankings by several metrics
- Sales & Margin Data—broken down into merchandise and foodservice subcategory
The site allows users view data online or expert to excel. Users can create custom dashboards for reports that are used most often and custom graphs for any collected data line item.