Global Convenience Store Industry Report
In August, NielsenIQ and NACS released their inaugural global convenience retailing industry report that provides industry-leading data, macro trends and analysis across 23 countries in North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
Highlights of this free, quarterly report include:
- Thirteen countries experienced growth in convenience store sales during the first quarter of 2022 versus the first quarter of 2021, while 10 countries experienced sales declines.
- Nine of 13 growth countries were from the Asia-Pacific region, while European countries accounted for 8 of 10 countries with sales declines.
- U.S. stores, which sell an estimated 80% of the fuel purchased in the country, saw revenues per store per month increase 32% in Q1 2022 versus the same time period in 2021, largely a result of higher gas prices.
- Canadian convenience store dollar sales underperformed versus other retail channels (-0.8% vs. +2.1%).
- The U.K. fuel and forecourt industry continue to thrive, with sales (excluding fuel) expected to rise to £47.1 billion by 2024; sales now account for over one in five pounds spent on grocery items.
- In China, the three most significant convenience development trends are digitalization, foodservice and e-commerce.
Download Now You will be asked to log in first to verify your membership.
Want more data and insights? NACS and NielsenIQ have joined forces to launch a new Syndicated Data Program for qualifying NACS members, called Byzzer. Read more about Byzzer and the exclusive NACS member benefits.