ANKENY, Iowa—Casey’s announced the 89 local schools benefiting from its Cash for Classrooms grant program in 2022, according to a news release. Casey’s Cash for Classrooms program supports projects, physical improvements and resource requests at accredited K-12 public and nonprofit, private schools in Casey’s communities across the Midwest.
“At Casey’s, our goal is for the Cash for Classrooms grants to help schools improve the learning environment for students, teachers and families in the communities where we live and work,” said Megan Elfers, vice president of marketing at Casey’s. “We appreciate the dedication of Casey’s guests and team members who have helped support this program in reaching nearly 100 schools across the Casey’s footprint in the last two years.”
With support from its guests and partners like Keurig Dr Pepper, Casey’s distributed $1 million to schools in need. The grants ranged from $3,000 to $50,000. The funding priorities included:
- Physical Improvements: Updates and improvements to the schools’ internal or external environments through repairs, enhancements or new additions.
- Material Needs: Supplies, technology or other resources to enrich the learning environment.
- Teacher Support: Programs that seek to grow the skills of teachers, such as professional development or training opportunities.
- Community Engagement: Efforts to engage students in the community through field trips, student volunteerism programs or camps.
- Grant awards this year include $50,000 to a Des Moines, Iowa, school to improve the extracurricular facilities and equipment for arts and athletic programs; $45,000 for a playground in Yukon, Oklahoma; $25,000 to repair the playground surface and purchase a smartboard in Joplin, Missouri.
The 2023 grant program will open in the fall for submissions. In addition to the grant program, Casey's Rewards members can support schools year-round by directing their points toward one of over 36,000 schools as a donation.