WAWA, Pa.—Wawa and The Wawa Foundation have announced the return of the Wawa Community Care Vehicle. The vehicle supports local partners with food and hot beverage donations. Wawa is bringing the vehicle to more than 20 events this winter and spring.
The vehicle’s 2023 tour begins with stops at annual polar plunges that support Special Olympics, and Wawa is expecting to serve more than 10,000 hot beverages at events in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
“At Wawa, we believe in being a positive force for good in every community where we live and work—not just with donations, but with heartfelt actions and interactions that help bring out the best in everyone,” said Liz Simeone, senior manager of Wawa Community Care and The Wawa Foundation. “Our Community Care Vehicle is one way we connect with and amplify the efforts of those serving others in our communities. We wish all the polar plungers luck and hope our hot beverages help warm you up as you take a dip in those frigid waters to support the amazing athletes of Special Olympics.”
The Wawa Community Care Vehicle schedule includes the following polar plunges:
- Feb. 2: SOMD Cool School Plunge, Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, MD
- Feb. 3: SOMD Police & Corporate Plunge, Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, MD
- Feb. 3: SOVA Cool School Plunge, Virginia Beach Oceanfront, 3001 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA
- Feb. 4: SOMD Main Polar Plunge, Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, MD
- Feb. 4: SOVA Main Polar Plunge, Virginia Beach Oceanfront, 3001 Atlantic Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA
- Feb. 5: SODE Polar Plunge, Rehoboth Ave. and the Boardwalk, 26 Rehoboth Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE
- Feb. 11: SOPA Philadelphia Polar Plunge, Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
- Feb. 18: SOPA Easton Polar Plunge, 130 Larry Holmes Drive, Easton, PA
- Feb. 25: SONJ Seaside Heights Polar Plunge, 50 Blaine Avenue, Seaside Heights, NJ
- March 25: SOFL Tampa Polar Plunge, Adventure Island, Tampa, FL
Wawa’s Community Care Vehicle will serve an estimated 50,000 hot beverages at events throughout the year. National charity partners of The Wawa Foundation include JDRF, Special Olympics, the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, the USO and the American Red Cross.