ALEXANDRIA, Va.—NACS Foundation has announced its 2022-23 Future Fund Scholarship program recipients. Six students have been awarded a $3,000 scholarship to an accredited college or university in the United States, as well as a stipend to attend the 2022 NACS Show, where they will be recognized during a special evening ceremony and reception. The students are also given the firsthand opportunity to learn more about exciting career paths in the convenience and fuel retailing industry.
The Future Fund, one of the NACS Foundation’s five signature program areas, serves to fund the development and growth of convenience retail employees by investing in their education with our industry’s support.
Each year, the NACS Foundation distributes scholarships for costs toward undergraduate career education. Since its inception, the program has awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships to NACS retail member company employees.
The 2022-23 NACS Scholarship program recipients are:
- Angelina Fox, team member, Heritage’s Dairy Stores; Rowan University
- Tatiana Landin Garcia, accounts payable coordinator, Nouria Energy Corporation; Southern New Hampshire University
- Alexandria Holton, team member, Heritage’s Dairy Stores; Georgian Court University
- Jake Manske, operations assistant, Jack’s Companies; The University of St. Thomas
- Matt McDonnell, detail customer advisor 2, Delta Sonic Car Wash; The University of Iowa
- Abby Scheeler, foodservice, The Hub Convenience Stores Inc.; The University of Mary
The NACS Foundation’s Scholarship Program has a long-standing mission to grow today’s top talent into tomorrow’s top performers through continuing education and professional development opportunities. Established in 1991, the NACS Scholarship was created as a vehicle for retailers to recognize, reward and inspire rising leaders within their companies.
Go here to learn more, make a donation or request to be notified when next year’s application period opens.