ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Conexxus announced program details for its 2022 annual conference, which will be held in person May 1-5, 2022, at Loews Ventana Canyon in Tucson, Arizona. Conference goers will learn about the latest advancements in technology and standards in the convenience and fuel retailing industry to adapt and evolve.
The program will kick off with the opening session “Convenience/Energy Retail Market in 2030: The Forward Back Thinking,” moderated by Conexxus Executive Director Gray Taylor and featuring Varish Goyal of Loop Neighborhood Stores and an Altria executive. The panel will address the key challenges that are increasing technology debt in the industry and ways that Conexxus and others are eliminating the barriers to world-class technology in c-stores so that the industry can be prepared for the future.
Other education sessions include:
- Understanding Consumer Data in a Volatile World (Dafna Gabel, PDI Software)
- Connecting the Customer from the Forecourt to the Metaverse (Kristen Call, Intel)
- Blockchain in Practice – Cases for Convenience Stores (Pat Santos, Han Santos)
- Accelerating Innovation in C-Stores with Edge Computing (Phil Stead, Acumera Inc.)
- Think Tank v.5.0 – IT Leaders Insights (Amy Wood, Friendly Express; Roy Austin, Parkland USA; Brad Miller, Coen Oil; Robert Hampton, Jackson’s; and Ed Collupy, W. Capra Consulting Group)
- Keynote: Your Best Is Next (Ira Blumenthal, author and brand consultant)
- Top Digital Lessons C-Stores Can Learn From Restaurants (Brendon Gilbert, Dutch Bros Coffee; Doug New, Nouria Energy; and Mike Maxwell of bounteous + Hathway)
- Back to the Future: QSR Technology That Needs to be Integrated Into Convenience Retail (Ira Blumenthal)
In addition to education sessions, attendees will have the opportunity to participate in working meetings with industry partners to discuss the details of technology advancements within the industry. The ideas shared in these sessions and meetings will have wide-ranging benefits for IT, operations and marketing team members, or those who are responsible for technology-related business processes in their organizations.
Attendees do not need to be current Conexxus members to attend. Register today.
Conexxus is a nonprofit, member-driven technology organization dedicated to the development and implementation of standards, technologies innovation and advocacy for the convenience store and retail fueling market.