- NACS was named as Partner of the Year in 2019 by the Partnership for a Healthier America, the organization founded by former First Lady Michelle Obama to work with the private sector on both sides of the economic equation, by increasing the supply of healthier options and building demand for them.
- NACS VP of Strategic Industry Initiatives Jeff Lenard was named the anti-human trafficking organization In Our Backyard’s “2020 Hero of the Year.” The award recognizes NACS’ leadership role to positively impact society in the fight against human trafficking.
- NACS’ #ConvenienceCares campaign launched to help with disaster relief following Hurricane Harvey was awarded the American Business Awards 2018 “Silver Stevie” award for the Communications of PR Campaign of the Year. This campaign also earned the PR News 2018 Honorable mention award, “Social Media Communications: CSR”
- The NACS reFresh Initiative, which showcases how the convenience retailing industry contributes in communities across the country, earned the 2018 American Society of Association Executives, “Power of A” Silver Award, which recognizes and celebrates the extraordinary contributions associations make to society by enriching lives, creating a competitive workforce, preparing society for the future, driving innovation and making a better world.
Several NACS Convenience Matters podcasts have been recognized with an Association Media & Publishing Excel Award:
NACS Magazine regularly earns Excel awards, showcasing its strength in design and communication (20,001 to 50,000 circulation). The Excels are the largest and most prestigious program recognizing excellence and leadership in association media, publishing, marketing and communication.
- NACS Magazine earned a Gold award in the General Excellence category among several awards in 2020.
- A cover on packaged beverage alternatives and a feature story “On the Road Again” were among the winners of 2019 awards.
- The “After the Storms” cover story won a Silver Award, one of the several wins in 2018.
NACS Government Relations advocates for the industry across a range of issues, including payment systems. NACS, along with a coalition of organizations, has led the effort to preserve debit swipe fee reform and pursue additional reforms and develop high-profile campaigns to communicate messages.
- The Protect: Swipe Free Reform campaign earned Gold Pollie Awards, including Best Newspaper Campaign, from the American Association of Political Consultants and Best Public Affairs Campaign. The campaign also won three top awards from The Campaigns & Elections Reed Awards in 2018.
- Private PIN campaign earned Gold Pollie Awards for Best Newspaper Ad and Best Social Media Campaign from the American Association of Political Consultants in 2017.
- The NACS In Store program, which connects elected leaders with their constituents in local convenience stores, earned a Gold Pollie Award for Best Field Campaign from the American Association of Political Consultants in 2016.
- NACS is the only retail-focused association to sign a commitment with the Partnership for a Healthier America (2017).
- NACS is the only association to development a partnership with the American Red Cross (2017).
- The NACS Show is the 38th largest trade show in the United States, according to TSNN.