NACS HR Executive Circle
The invitation-only NACS HR Executive Circle is an exclusive group of 12 to 15 executive-level HR leaders from the convenience industry’s leading and largest retail companies. All desire to connect with peers and bring value to their enterprise through strategic idea exchange and unique learning opportunities.
This is an elite professional group—created by and for c-suite HR executives from Sheetz, Caseys, Pilot, GPM and others—to connect and build relationships in a setting where confidentiality and trust is paramount.
Guidelines for the NACS HR Executive Circle include:
- Inspiration: explore breakthrough thinking as it applies to leadership development vs. store-level skills
- Efficacy: share issues relevant/unique to large retailers
- Leadership: engage in candid exchanges with peers about what it takes to drive business strategy, find and foster talent, benchmark your company and elevate your personal leadership profile
- Best Practice: share insights and examine what it takes to level-up your strategy
- 6x/year 60- to 90-minute calls among HREC members to discuss topics of agreed-on interest. Once/twice a year, joined by guest speakers identified by HREC members. Past speakers have included Stephanie Piimauna, direct of inclusion & diversity at Gilead Sciences, The Good Jobs Institute, Willis-Towers-Watson and more).
- Attendance at a 2023 HR Executive Circle in-person event, 1.5-day program in-person (late November) at a retailer location (includes meals)
- Insights & Community:
- Invitation to exclusive NACS Leadership Forum held every February
- 2023 NACS HR Forum: If one team member attends at full price ($1,399) then a second can attend at 50% off (10 CEU credits are typically achieved at this event)
- Invitation to “special guest” calls with CEU credits for the rest of the HR professionals in the member’s organization (Example: December 2022 Call with Kevin Scott)
- Exclusive “first look” at legislative issues related to HR, and access to NACS government relations team for advice and consultation
- Access to fellow Circle community members
- With participation in the 2022 NACS Compensation Survey, members receive a free digital copy of the report, and a customized cut of your company’s data benchmarked against the aggregate
- Collaborations with NACS Research on data collection around compensation, employee engagement and HR issues
- Custom group data view with above participation