The State of the Industry Report is the convenience and fuel retailing industry’s premier benchmarking tool and the most comprehensive collection of data and trends. Handy, right? Well, it just got even handier.
We have imported all the data from the past 10 years of the NACS State of the Industry Report into a searchable database.
Now, imagine what you could do with up to 10 years’ worth of proprietary convenience fuel and retailing industry data — at your fingertips. Good news…
The NACS State of the Industry Data Archive is now available ONLINE via subscription to NACS Members only! Become a member today >
Subscribe Now Request a Demo
Because as any successful convenience retailer or supplier knows — the past helps define our future. Use this flexible tool to learn from the past, benchmark, and track trends, and make a data driven plan for the future. Is your current situation something that’s cyclical? Look for tomorrow’s opportunities based on yesteryear’s insights. And save yourself extra effort compiling data from past SOI Reports, because we know that your time is of the essence. CEO’s, HR, Finance, Category managers, CEOs, HR, Finance, and the whole C-suite can look at — and learn from — this treasure chest of data, in mere moments.
- Up to 10 years of exclusive data — which can be viewed via customized, exportable graphs and reports.
- Analysis on economic, market and shopper dynamics.
- Aggregate financial, operational and category data — including fuel — from 27k+ convenience stores from across the United States.
See the past in a whole new light — and let it illuminate your future. Subscribe today.
- Easy to navigate, intuitive dashboard-style interface
- View up to 10 years of historical NACS SOI data
- All SOI standard data cuts available, year-over-year comparison, quartile ranking by store, operating profit, and chain size with weighted average based on the annual NACS NielsenIQ/TDLinx Store Census
- View inside sales, gross profits, and GM% available across all years to the category level
- View fuel sales volume in gallons, price per gallon and margin in cents per gallon by fuel grade
- View full expense structure both direct operating expenses and facility expenses
- View interactive charts and visualizations of NACS SOI data that allow the user to adjust for their preferred time frame
- Abridged Industry Overview section containing macro data and store count information
- View SOI data trends in table or chart form
- View multiple cuts of NACS SOI data down to the merchandise category level
- Easily compare cuts such as data by firm size vs quartile
- Quickly view historical retailer data that is exclusive to NACS.
- View interactive graphs to show trends by category, number of stores, total sales, inside sales, fuel sales, overviews and more.
- Gain an immediate year-over-year industry perspective.
- Export current-year SOI data in excel form.
- Readily compare data and visualize trends.
Ready to have 10 years of data — at your fingertips? Get access today.
The State of the Industry Data Archive is available to NACS Members only.
Retail Member 12-month Subscription
Subscription period: July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
Supplier Member 12-month Subscription
Subscription period: July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023
Enterprise License – The subscription is purchased for your company, all employees included in your NACS account profile will be granted access. Employees without a NACS profile, will need to create one to gain access.
Upon purchase of a digital license, you will receive access to the report through a DRM-secured PDF through your Convenience.org login profile.
- Retailer Subscription, 5-year data: DATARCHRET5
- Retailer Subscription, 10-year data: DATARCHRET10
- Supplier Subscription, 5-year data: DATARCHSUP5
- Supplier Subscription, 10-year data: DATARCHSUP10
NACS has compiled and presented performance data for the U.S. convenience store industry since for more than 50 years. NACS has invested significant resources in its State of the Industry initiatives and has partnered with best-in-class providers to deliver insightful, useful information that will help readers maximize their effectiveness and profitability. All figures in this report, except where noted, are based on data submitted by retail companies participating in the annual NACS State of the Industry Survey.
The NACS State of the Industry Report® Data Archive and all data therein is/are exclusive property of The National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) and contains valuable proprietary information of NACS (unless otherwise specified). NACS retains all copyrights to all content under 17 U.S.C. Section 106, and such content is protected by US and international law. The report and all contents may only be disseminated to those who have purchased the report and their employees who have a need for the information contained in it. Any reproduction, preparation of derivative works, distribution, public performance or display, disclosure, and/or use of all, or any portion, of the materials in any form or medium, including without limitation, posting any material on a website, sharing in a webinar or distributing copies of any material to customers, without specific written authorization from NACS is strictly prohibited.
1. Can I schedule a demonstration of the SOI Data Archive application before I subscribe?
Yes. Please contact Chris Rapanick at 703-518-4253 or firstname.lastname@example.org for a product demonstration.
2. What is included with my purchase?
Purchasers of the digital data archive subscription license will have access the secure data archive files through their convenience.org log-in. The subscription will be active from July 1 of the current year until June 30 of the next year. Subscribers will have the ability download the current year’s archive files in excel format.
3. If I purchase the license to view the NACS State of the Industry Report® Data Archive, can I distribute it to my peers and colleagues?
The subscription is sold as an enterprise license, all employees of the subscribing company can gain access to the data with verified company credentials at convenience.org. Employees that don’t have current credentials can create them by clicking the help button on the convenience.org website.
4. Can I cancel my order?
Orders are processed in real-time in our shopping cart. Once an order is placed it cannot be cancelled. NACS will of course refund any payments made in error. Please send any inquiries to email@example.com.
5. Do I need an account in order to complete a purchase?
The data archive is a member only benefit, all member companies will have an account on convenience.org
6. What if I purchase later in the subscription term?
After the first three months of availability (July, August, September), starting October 1 of the current year, the subscription price will be prorated every three months until the end of the term.
Know the past. Map your future. Get access today.
Director, Business Development, Research