ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Conexxus, the technology standards and advocacy group, named new members to its board of directors and elected new members to its board of advisors. Kevin Smartt, president & CEO, Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc. (Austin, TX), will continue to serve as the Conexxus board of directors chair, with the following members also re-elected:
- Hubert Williams, chief information officer, Maverik Inc.
- Margaret Akins, business analyst, Pilot Travel Centers LLC
- Dae Kim, vice president of research, NACS
- Paige Anderson, director of government relations, NACS
New officers elected to the board of directors are:
- Blake Benefiel, director of trade & state relations, Altria Group Distribution Company
- Drew Mize, president, The Pinnacle Corporation
New members to the Conexxus board of advisors, a group comprised of 16 convenience and fuel retailing industry stakeholders, were also elected during the Conexxus Annual Conference that took place in Tucson, Arizona, May 1–5:
- Vice Chair: Mike Lindberg, payment solutions director, CHS Inc. (Cenex)
- Secretary: Liz Sertl, senior manager of global strategy and standards, The Coca-Cola Company
- Standards Quality Assurance Committee Chair: Sue Chan, senior retail payment consultant, W. Capra Consulting Group
- Technical Advisory Committee Chair: Bill Wade, senior system analyst, PDI
- Electronic Business2Business Committee Chair: Alvin Fortson, senior principal consultant, Impact 21
- POS/Back Office Committee Chair: David Ezell, principal software architect, Verifone Inc.
A member-driven organization, Conexxus is led by an eight-person board of directors. In addition, the 16-member board of advisors includes one Conexxus and one NACS staff representative.
At last week’s meetings, both boards approved an increase in annual membership dues to reflect the increased scope of the Conexxus mission, to take effect on June 1, 2016, for new members, and on January 1, 2017, for members in good standing renewing for the 2017 membership year.
Conexxus is a nonprofit technology organization dedicated to the development and implementation of standards, technologies innovation and advocacy for the convenience store and petroleum market. Conexxus membership collaborates on key present and future industry challenges and innovations. Its work efforts improve profitability by reducing the cost of IT ownership and improving the competitiveness of its members.