Today’s dynamic labor market positions convenience store retailers against virtually every channel of trade in the race to attract, hire and retain the best talent. To gain a competitive edge, Human Resource (HR) professionals must keep up with the rapid pace of change by developing and implementing compensation strategies that best enable them to succeed. At the foundation of success is a data-driven strategy that informs decision making and execution.
Considered an essential guide for HR professionals in the convenience channel for more than 40 years, the NACS State of the Industry Compensation Report® is the industry’s premier compensation benchmarking report. The digital report of 2022 data provides the latest data, trends and best practices on compensation, benefits, recruitment and turnover as reported by 90 retail companies, representing more than 21,000 stores of all sizes and over 302,000 employees.
The report will help you:
- Benchmark against comprehensive, retailer-supplied data to offer differentiated compensation and incentive programs.
- Design a competitive strategy to recruit and retain corporate, operations and store-level personnel.
- Build high-performing, efficient teams through insights on screening, hiring and training practices from leading retailers.
- Upon purchase of a digital license, you will receive access to the report through a DRM-secured PDF through your Convenience.org login profile.
- HR Professionals in Convenience & Fuel Retailing: Stay one step ahead with data and analysis that makes it easier to attract and retain top talent. Get an insider’s look at aggregate human resource metrics in critical areas, including salaries, benefits, recruitment and retention.
- Small Operator Chapter: Excluded in 2022 due to insufficient data.
- Wellness Benefits – Five new wellness benefits have been added to the 2021 report; bereavement leave, flexible scheduling, shift differentials, earned wage access, and same-day pay.
- Salaries — Find data on annual base salaries and dollar values for 16 executive-level positions, 13 operations positions and 10 store-level positions.
- Benefits — Explore the health insurance and other benefits programs offered by convenience retailers nationwide.
- Turnover — See metrics on turnover for corporate, operational, and store-level employees as well as 30-/60-/90-day turnover rates.
- Recruitment & Retention — Get insights on the number and types of screening, assessment and interviews held to hire top talent, as well as key metrics on cost to hire, acceptance rates, absenteeism and more.
- NACS State of the Industry Report of 2022® Data – A complementary piece to the NACS State of the Industry Compensation Report,® get the latest data and analysis to improve your operational performance. Discover how top performing retailers maximize resources, including labor, to increase productivity and drive growth.
NACS has compiled and presented compensation data for the U.S. convenience store industry since 1978. This annual publication covers in-depth data on the critical human resource metrics of our industry: compensation, benefits, recruitment and turnover. All the data in this report, except where noted otherwise, are based on the data submitted by retail companies participating in the annual NACS Compensation Survey.
The NACS State of the Industry Compensation Report® and all data therein is/are exclusive property of The National Association of Convenience Stores (NACS) and contains valuable proprietary information of NACS (unless otherwise specified). NACS retains all copyrights to all content under 17 U.S.C. Section 106, and such content is protected by US and international law. The report and all contents may only be disseminated to those who have purchased the report and their employees who have a need for the information contained in it. Any reproduction, preparation of derivative works, distribution, public performance or display, disclosure, and/or use of all, or any portion, of the materials in any form or medium, including without limitation, posting any material on a website, sharing in a webinar or distributing copies of any material to customers, without specific written authorization from NACS is strictly prohibited.
© 2023 National Association of Convenience Stores. All Rights Reserved
1. What is included with my purchase?
Purchasers of the NACS SOI Compensation Report will receive INSTANT access to DRM-secured PDF via purchaser’s Convenience.org login profile.
2. Can I distribute the NACS State of the Industry Compensation Report® to my peers and colleagues?
The NACS State of the Industry Compensation Report® of 2022 Data is sold as a secured, locked PDF file. All content within is copyright protected and cannot be shared, duplicated or transformed without express written permission from NACS.
3. What should I do if I experience technical difficulties processing my order?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Can I cancel my order?
Orders are processed in real-time in our shopping cart. Once an order is placed it cannot be cancelled. NACS will of course refund any payments made in error. Please send any inquiries to email@example.com.
5. Do I need an account in order to complete a purchase?
If you are not currently associated with a company in our database, you will need to create an account in our system to complete a purchase. Your contact information will be used for billing and fulfillment purposes. Setup is quick and easy.
A detailed, electronic Product Description and sample Executive Summary are available upon request.
For more information or questions, contact:
Director, Products and Services