ALEXANDRIA, Va.—For more than 50 years, convenience retailers have relied on NACS State of the Industry data to compare and benchmark their operational, financial and key category performance with their industry peers. These insights help retailers understand the “big picture,” along with where to invest to maximize ROI, and how to prioritize by making data-driven decisions that ultimately free up resources, edge out the competition and fuel new growth.
Coming off a year like no other, the newly released NACS State of the Industry Report® of 2020 Data is now available for purchase. This year’s report can help retailers navigate a disrupted landscape full of opportunity with powerful data and analysis on economic, market, category and shopper dynamics.
New features added this year include:
- The Convenience Shopper section, which provides valuable consumer insights on changing behaviors and what that means for the future from the newly launched NACS Convenience Voices™ service
- Deeper cuts of data in the Regional Performance chapter illuminating the nuances of performance across the diverse U.S. marketplace
- An opportunity to look around the corner to see what issues and opportunities can impact your business in a new chapter titled “The Outlook Ahead”
- An industry overview of findings and actionable recommendations from veteran industry analysts
- Data visualizations of charts, graphs and tables that make it easy to spot key trends and patterns
- Category deep dives into mainline and subcategory performance data across a broad spectrum, including motor fuels, grocery, tobacco, foodservice and more
Additionally, the NACS State of the Industry Report® can help companies maximize their effectiveness and profitability with insider access to aggregate financial, operational and category data from more than 27,000 convenience stores across the United States.
“The NACS State of the Industry Report® of 2020 data is likely the most important edition of its 50-year-plus history,” said Chris Rapanick, NACS director of business development. “This year’s report not only provides vital performance benchmarking data for retailers operating in the convenience store industry and their suppliers, but it provides a written account of the events that took place during the height of the pandemic. From the time that convenience was deemed an essential business in early 2020, the industry showed its agility and resilience, which is chronicled in the newest report. It also provides key insights into what’s next for this next phase of convenience.”
How to Purchase
This year’s NACS State of the Industry Report® is available for purchase via the NACS Store. Here, retailers, industry suppliers and investment partners and consultants will find pricing details and how to access their registered license to download the digital report.
Suite of Resources
The NACS State of the Industry Enterprise is the convenience and fuel retailing industry’s leading research entity. By engaging with convenience retailers throughout the United States, the NACS Research team collects, aggregates, presents and provides commentary on operational and financial industry metrics and trends.
In addition to the NACS State of the Industry Report®, NACS has published an essential guide for HR professionals for more than 40 years: the NACS State of the Industry Compensation Report®. The digital report of 2020 data provides the latest data, trends and best practices on compensation, benefits, recruitment and turnover as reported by 85 retail companies, representing more than 15,000 stores of all sizes and over 262,000 employees.
Read the June issue of NACS Magazine for exclusive category deep dives and insights presented at the NACS State of the Industry Summit.