ALEXANDRIA, Va.— Marketing is much more than product promotion. Marketing is a way of looking at the world that is customer-focused, insight-driven—and ever-evolving. As you struggle in these challenging times to create new markets and deliver superior customer experiences, consider the NACS Marketing Leadership Program to fast-track your skills.
From November 1-20, join fellow convenience industry leaders from all functional areas in an immersive three-week virtual-live experience, customized by Kellogg specifically for the convenience industry and designed for maximum engagement and real-time integration with your workplace.
Graciously endowed by Frito Lay, Nielsen and Keurig Dr Pepper, the NACS Marketing Leadership Program will give attendees the ability to:
- Identify the most attractive targets for your company’s offerings
- Make strategic decisions based on customer lifetime value
- Understand how customers experience products and services, and how that affects retention, brand perception and competitive advantage
- Use deep customer insight to build a strong brand positioning
- Understand the critical importance of internal branding and identify best practices
- Employ social networks, social media and traditional media to attract and engage customers
- Design and manage distribution channels to optimize value delivered to customers
- Set price to capture value created
The full curriculum can be found here.
A snapshot of the award-winning faculty for the program include:
- Jim Lecinski brings over 25 years experience growing revenue for brands through integrated, multi-channel and digital marketing. Having spent more than 10 years at Google, Jim’s most recent role at the company was vice president of U.S. sales and service. His book about digital marketing, "Winning the Zero Moment of Truth" known as ZMOT (pronounced: "Zhee MAHT”) was published in 2011, and has been read by over 300,000 marketers worldwide.
- Professor Thomas F. O'Toole focuses on connecting data science to business value creation, data-driven marketing, customer value management, digital business models and loyalty programs.
- Dr. Derek Rucker’s primary research focuses broadly on the topics of social hierarchy, compensatory consumption, persuasion, and consumer behavior. His work asks, and seeks answers to, what makes for effective advertising and what motives underlies consumer consumption.
Experiential extras for attendees include swag bags of Kellogg School of Management-branded merchandise as well as products from program endowers, in addition to virtual tours of campus and surrounding landmarks, and the occasional evening networking.
This is the “best program I’ve taken so far in my entire career,” said a 2019 participant. “It’s a worthwhile investment. I’ll be keen on sending staff to this course in the future.”
The NACS Marketing Leadership Program is built to deliver a world-class experience that’s as thought-provoking and rewarding as any in-person offering. Acquire and understand the tools to succeed in a changing business landscape. Register here for the 2020 NACS Marketing Leadership Program today.