ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Hy-Vee, a Midwestern grocer that also operates convenience stores, announced the launch of Hy-Vee Healthy You, a health and wellness subscription service designed by Hy-Vee dietitians to help individuals develop healthier lifestyles through personalized nutrition counseling, preventative health screenings and more. The subscription service is available across Hy-Vee’s eight-state region to individuals 18 and older.
The Hy-Vee Healthy You subscription includes the following:
- Two 30-minute appointments per month with a Hy-Vee dietitian to discuss strategies to achieve individuals’ health and wellness goals
- Unlimited access to Short & Sweat fitness videos (40+ episodes available)
- On-demand freezer meal workshops
- Wellness classes focused on trending nutrition topics, as well as product recommendations and recipes to incorporate into customers’ routines
- Nutrition programs such as Healthy Habits Menus, Balancing Your Blood Sugar, Weight Management, etc.
- Free registrations on wellness challenges
- Hy-Vee dietitian private chat portal
- Two free health screenings per year (at participating locations)
Hy-Vee has employed a team of registered dietitians for over 20 years to share nutritional resources within local communities. The team offers in-store as well as virtual dietitian services, allowing customers to work with a dietitian in the comfort of their own home. In addition, Hy-Vee dietitians can offer customers store tours and product recommendations.
In other health and wellness news, this weekend, Walmart hosted Wellness Day. Customers received free health screenings for things like glucose, cholesterol, body mass index and blood pressure, as well as affordable immunizations like flu, COVID-19, shingles, tetanus, measles and others.