ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Now through June 1, convenience and fuel retailers can recognize rising industry leaders within their companies through the NACS Foundation Future Fund’s scholarship program.
The Future Fund, one of the NACS Foundation’s five signature program areas, serves to fund the development and growth of convenience store employees by investing in their education with our industry’s support.
Each year, the NACS Foundation distributes up to 11 scholarships toward undergraduate career education at a community college or university. Since its inception, the program has awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships to NACS retail member company employees. Selected scholarship applicants are awarded $3,000 each toward tuition, as well as a stipend to attend the 2021 NACS Show—the only global event for all thing’s convenience—slated for Oct. 5-8 in Chicago. Scholarship recipients will be recognized during a special evening ceremony at the Show and given the first-hand opportunity to learn more about the exciting career paths in the convenience industry.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Currently employed at a NACS retail member company
- Continue working for the nominating company throughout the scholarship period
- Enrolled in/or will be enrolled in undergraduate academic study for fall 2021 (and continue to be enrolled for the full academic year without interruption)
Things to note:
- Scholarships are one-year awards. Scholarship recipients may re-apply each year, for up to four years, if they continue to meet the eligibility requirements
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition expenses at any accredited college or university in the United States (awards are only made payable to the scholarship recipient’s college or university). Recipients may transfer from one college to another and retain the award.
Companies may nominate multiple applicants for scholarships. The deadline to submit applications for the 2021-22 NACS Foundation Future Fund Scholarship is Monday, June 7. Award winners will be notified on or before July 9. Read more about the NACS Foundation Future Fund’s scholarship program and download an application here.