ALEXANDRIA, Va.—The 100 days of summer is the ideal time to promote products and brands for people planning to travel and reconnect with friends and families, and Pilot Flying J, Michelob and Bud Light have announced their respective summer sweepstakes for 2021.
AAA Travel reports that more people are ready to hit the road to visit friends and distant destinations. In response, Pilot Flying J is promoting its third National Road Trip Day, which occurs on the Friday before Memorial Day (May 28 this year), and offering customers special deals via the myRewards Plus app through its Summer is a Go Road Trip Giveaway.
Customers who share photos of their summer adventures on the road have a chance to win $5,000 in fuel. Plus, one $250 Pilot Flying J gift card will be given away each month for three months. To enter, road trippers, professional drivers and Pilot Flying J guests are encouraged to take photos of their adventures and share them on the brand’s Facebook page or by posting on Instagram and Twitter with #SummerIsAGoGiveaway and tagging @PilotFlyingJ. Participants can double their chances and earn an additional entry by including any Pilot-branded cup in the photo.
“This summer represents a return to the road for so many people and we’re hoping to inspire everyone to take the road trip of their dreams while participating in the Summer is a Go Road Trip Giveaway,” said Brian Ferguson, chief merchant, Pilot Flying J.
Other summer deals offered through the myRewards Plus app include:
- Starting this week, enjoy BOGO drinks all summer long with deals on popular brands available in the app.
- Stock up and save on drinks and snacks for the road with an in-app offer for $5 off purchases $15 or higher from May 28 to 31.
- Fill up on the new southern or spicy chicken sandwich with $2 off in the app from May 24 to 30 at any participating Pilot Flying J location.
- Sport some cool shades with BOGO 50% off on all sunglasses from May 31 to June 6 when using the offer in the app.
- Cool down with 99-cent fountain or frozen drinks with the purchase of any hot food item at the register through Aug. 31.
View the official contest rules for complete details.
“After an unusual year for many, National Road Trip Day recognizes the pent-up demand to get back on the road and spend quality time with loved ones while safely exploring new destinations,” said Whitney Haslam Johnson, chief experience officer, Pilot Flying J. “For over 62 years, Pilot Flying J has fueled America’s road trips and with more than 750 locations serving over 1.5 million guests a day, our travel centers are ready to welcome road trippers with clean, safe fuel stops and everything needed for a summer of fun.”
Meanwhile, the Michelob Ultra Sweepstakes will send one lucky summer traveler and friends on a once-in-a-lifetime IRL (“in real life”) vacation courtesy of Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer, the USDA certified organic hard seltzer that “always keeps it real.”
Starting tomorrow, seltzer lovers will start seeing vacation-inspired ads on social, TV and billboards. Fans simply scan the QR code featured in the ad and enter for a chance to score an exclusive, curated vacation for them and three friends or family members, inspired by the real fruit flavors of Michelob ULTRA Organic Seltzer’s Classic Collection. These include:
- Mixed Berry Meets the Berry Islands—One winner will receive a private boat charter in the Bahamas’ most exclusive destination, the Berry Islands.
- Mango Magic Hour in Hawaii—One lucky crew will be scooped from the airport in a luxe car and taken to a beachside retreat to enjoy a private mango-infused luau and jam session with a live band.
- A Citrus Escape to the Sunshine State—One winner and their friends will stay at a luxurious vacation home in the Florida Keys and enjoy a multi-course dinner prepared by a private chef in an Insta-worthy orange grove.
The sweepstakes runs from May 26 to Sept. 6. The winner will be announced shortly afterward.
Not to be outdone, Bud Light is offering to pick up the tab for a welcome-back beer at participating U.S. bars and restaurants for patrons who sign up for the Bud Light Legends loyalty program as part of its Bud Light Summer Stimmy giveaway. The promotion began yesterday and will continue for a limited time. Customers need to share their receipt via Bud Light Legends to sign up. They can also scan QR codes placed directly on tables for their beer redemption at participating bars and restaurants across the U.S.