ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Conexxus is pleased to announce its newest board members, as well as several new additions and promotions within the Conexxus staff. Conexxus is proud of its leadership which initiates cutting-edge solutions that have significant impact on the momentum of the convenience store and fuel retail industry. Through the many current challenges that are facing our industry, Conexxus and its leadership remain vigilant to solve forward—guiding the 152,000 stores in our industry toward the strategic technology decisions that will keep our essential businesses thriving and providing services and products for our customers.
Welcome to the newest members of our Board of Advisors, each of whom were elected by the Conexxus General Assembly in May:
- Raymond Huff, owner, HJB Convenience Stores. Huff owns and operates HJB Convenience Corporation, a chain of 19 specialty convenience stores in high rise office buildings. He was named a “Tech Guru” and Futurist by a convenience store industry magazine in 2019.
- Maurice “Mo” Van Sickle, software release manager, Chevron. Van Sickle has been at Chevron for 29 years, with the majority of that time spent in the POS group. His experience over the years has centered on Verifone and Gilbarco systems and both indoor and outdoor EMV.
- Bob Hoblit, director of strategic relationships, InComm. Hoblit is responsible for effective project designs and implementations which are relevant to retailer POS systems. He has contributed to retail industry standards efforts for eWIC, GS1-Databar coupons and IXRetail.
- Gabe Olives, CIO, Impact 21. Olives is a POS and payments guru and an industry expert in the convenience channel for technology, fuel management, legislative affairs, POS/BOS and payments. Over the years, Gabe has worked closely with most solution providers as either a retailer directly or as a two-time chairman of Conexxus.
Joining the board of directors, appointed by NACS into these positions, are:
- Lori Buss Stillman, vice president of research, NACS. Stillman is responsible for NACS’ portfolio of industry research, including the NACS State of the Industry Report, SOI Summit, analysis and benchmarking, consumer research and NACS Consulting Services.
- Andy Jones, president and CEO, Sprint Foods. Jones is the third generation in the family business, and he began working at the full-service gas station at the age of 10. Currently, Andy is president and CEO of Sprint Food Stores, MB Jones Oil Company and Town and Country Gas.
In addition to these new board members, Conexxus has also strengthened its team over the previous few months:
Donna Perkins, standards manager. Perkins is a 22-year veteran of the convenience store industry. Her experience covers payroll, pricebook, POS data interface, electronic data and other retail technology projects. Donna has participated with Conexxus since 2006 on several committees and working groups.
Myra Canterbury, standards coordinator. Canterbury previously owned Simmons SIRVEY Corporation, a fuel management and environmental services company, which was acquired by Dover Fueling Solutions. She has been involved with industry standards dating back to 1996 and was the first Device Integration chair with Conexxus.
Clerley Silveira, API Coordinator. Silveira has been involved in the petroleum and convenience store industry for over 20 years, as both an architect and implementer of forecourt and payment systems. Prior to joining the Conexxus staff, he was an active contributor to the Conexxus standards effort by advocating and helping to develop standards for mobile, loyalty and EPS.
Linda Toth has been promoted to managing director after nine years of leadership as Conexxus’ director of standards. She will now oversee all day to day operations of Conexxus in addition to advocating on behalf of the convenience industry. For more than a decade, Toth has contributed her dedication and considerable talents since the inception of Conexxus. Since Toth joined the team, Conexxus has broadened the scope of its work from interoperability standards to include EMV advocacy, standards process improvements and association infrastructure.
Not only have we strengthened our leadership but our membership body also has increased. Welcome to the newest approved Conexxus members:
- ACI Worldwide
- Coen Markets Inc.
- EdgePetrol Ltd.
- Exchange Solutions Inc.
- FuelMaster/Syntech Systems Inc.
- Ganymede Technologies Corporation dba J3POS Ganymede Tech. Corp.
- Indiana Food & Fuel Association
- Intel Corporation
- Intelligent Clearing Network
- iVertical Payment Network, dba Buy Lotto Now
- Jacksons Food Stores Inc.
- Kum & Go L.C.
- Leighton O’Brien International Pty, Ltd.
- Maser Italia
- Mashgin Inc.
- Nu-Media Display Systems Inc.
- Parkland Fuel Corporation
- PR Petroleum
- Simon Signs
- SwiftSKU Inc.
- The Coupon Bureau
- Transaction Network Services
Conexxus is a non-profit, member-driven technology organization dedicated to the development and implementation of standards, technologies innovation and advocacy for the convenience store and retail fueling market. Conexxus membership collaborates on key present and future industry challenges and innovations. Learn more at conexxus.org/join