ALEXANDRIA, Va.—With so much uncertainty in today’s economic climate, it’s more important than ever to base decisions impacting business on hard data. NACS has a suite of research-focused tools that will help convenience retailers navigate the current dramatic shift in consumer spending, shopping behaviors and business operations, as well as capitalize on emerging technologies and trends to navigate today’s new era of anytime, anyplace convenience.
The NACS State of the Industry (SOI) Report® of 2019 Data provides a robust collection of industry performance data and is the most used benchmarking tool in the convenience channel. At its heart, the 200-page report allows business leaders to benchmark operations against the industry average or by quartile performance.
“Of course, we recognize that your current business operations are different from what they were in 2019. But, those same areas of operating excellence, especially related to efficiencies, will play a big role in defining success throughout 2020 and beyond,” said Henry Armour, NACS president and CEO.
The 2019 NACS State of the Industry Report, which debuts this year in a new, easy-to-use digital rights management (DRM) protected digital format, includes:
- Data and analysis on economic, market and shopper dynamics.
- Mainline and subcategory performance data across a broad spectrum, including motor fuels, grocery, tobacco and foodservice.
- Critical aggregate financial, operational and category data for benchmarking against top performers.
Key findings from the 2019 report include:
- Top performers sold 2.5 times more fuel gallons than the bottom quartile in 2019.
- Top performers averaged over $100,000 per store per month in foodservice sales for the first time in SOI history.
- Every top-10 merchandise category grew sales dollars year over year in 2019, except cigarettes.
Order the 2019 NACS State of the Industry Report today in a print copy or digital format at convenience.org/soireports2020
. This is the last year the report will be available for purchase in hard copy.