CHICAGO—The Fox Business headline says it all: “McDonald’s has burger-scented candles to set the mood.” McDonald’s is celebrating the nearly 50 years since the Quarter Pounder was released with the McDonald’s Quarter Pounder Fan Club.
McDonald’s in a press release said it “launched the Quarter Pounder Fan Club to give everyone a tangible way to publicly display their affection for the hot and deliciously juicy 100% fresh beef Quarter Pounder.”
McDonald’s Quarter Pounder Fan Club merchandise includes:
- Quarter Pounder scented candle pack (includes scents such as fresh beef, ketchup, pickle, cheese, onion and sesame seed bun)
- Couples Quarter Pounder mittens
- 2020 Quarter Pounder calendar
- “Quarter Pounder with Love” locket
- Quarter Pounder Fan Club t-shirt
- “I’d Rather Be Eating a Quarter Pounder” sticker
- Quarter Pounder Fan Club pin
McDonald’s is also unveiling a bronze statue of the iconic burger in one lucky city on February 26.