ATLANTA—Julie Jackowski, senior vice president, corporate general counsel and secretary of Casey’s General Stores, has been named the 2019-20 NACS chairman. She began her term at the 2019 NACS Show, the global convenience and fuel retailing industry’s premier event, taking place October 1-4 in Atlanta.
Casey's General Stores is a Fortune 500 company (NASDAQ: CASY) operating 2,100 convenience stores in 16 states throughout the Midwest. At Casey’s, Jackowski oversees legal, risk management, enterprise risk management, child care and administrative services. She has worked in a variety of positions with Casey’s during the past 25 years and previously worked in litigation at a law firm in West Des Moines, Iowa.
Jackowski also leads the NACS Executive Committee, which provides strategic direction and financial oversight to the association. Committee members are:
- Vice Chairman, Treasurer: Kevin Smartt, Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc. (Austin, Texas)
- Vice Chairman, Legislative: Don Rhoads, The Convenience Group LLC (Vancouver, Washington)
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Jared Scheeler, The Hub Convenience Stores Inc. (Dickinson, North Dakota)
- Vice Chairman, Research & Technology: Andy Jones, Sprint Food Stores Inc. (Wrens, Georgia)
- Vice Chairman: Ari Haseotes, Cumberland Farms Inc. (Westborough, Massachusetts)
- Vice Chairman: Billy Milam
- Vice Chairman: Ken Parent, Pilot Travel Centers LLC (Knoxville, Tennessee)
2018-19 NACS Chairman Frank Gleeson and 2017-18 NACS Chairman Joe Sheetz also serve on the Executive Committee.
A member-driven organization, NACS is led by a 30-member Board of Directors, which includes three retailers from non-North American countries. In addition, the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS Supplier Board also serve on the Board of Directors.
NACS also named five new retail members to its Board of Directors:
- Dr. Varish Goyal, Loop Neighborhood Markets (Fremont, California)
- Thomas Gresham, Double Quick Inc. (Indianola, Mississippi)
- Christine Hogan, Wheels Convenience Stores (Milford, Connecticut)
- Lonnie McQuirter, 36 Lyn Refuel Station (Minneapolis, Minneapolis)
- Robert Razowsky, Rmarts LLC (Deerfield, Illinois)