ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Single stores and small chains face unique challenges in today’s competitive marketplace. At this year’s NACS Show, seven workshops have been designed specifically for small operators.
“What differentiates these sessions is the hands-on, small group approach where the operators get to learn from the instructor and from each other and are provided with workbooks and templates,” said Jenna Collard, NACS director of education engagement. “Because of this interactive small group format, pre-registration is required and can be found on the listings for each session.”
Small operator workshops include:
- How to Hire in a Tough Labor Market
- Customers Don’t Purchase in the Back Office: Bringing Customers Through the Front Door
- Understanding Store Economics
- Just in Time Vs. Just in Case Inventory Management
- Consistent Coaching, Mentoring and Training
- One Way or Another, We’re Going to Get You: Managing Store Shrink
- Not Just Another ‘Promotion’ Promotion
The Show gives operators of all sizes a chance to network and learn from each other and experts about how to excel in the convenience and fuel retailing industry. Visit the education session website
for more details on the dozens of workshops available. Registration
is now open for the 2019 NACS Show, scheduled for October 1–4 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.