ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Join your peers and fellow International Convenience Retailer of the Year nominees from Australia, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Norway, India and South Africa for the most exciting awards gala of the year.
The NACS European Convenience Retail Awards, held on June 6, 2018, recognizes outstanding achievements in the European retail community, as well as the leadership of some of the most innovative convenience retailers across the globe. Now in its tenth year, the program is a high point in the retail calendar for high-level convenience retailers, industry experts and suppliers who gather each June at the NACS Convenience Summit Europe to celebrate industry success, innovation and the future of convenience.
One of the highly coveted awards is the International Convenience Retailer of the Year, which honors the most innovative and successful international convenience and fuel retailing store of the year. This year’s award submissions hail from 14 retail firms that are bringing a new level of innovation, excitement and consumer focus to their forward-thinking convenience retail operations.
The winner is chosen by an international Grand Jury and earns the accolade of “the best convenience store in the world.” Recent past winners have included SPAR and Applegreen.
The Grand Jury is comprised of leading global convenience retailers, business and industry experts from NACS, subject matter experts, and representatives from the NACS International Board of Directors, which include leaders from retail brands such as FreshStop, Migrolino, Shell and 7-Eleven as well as supplier leaders from Coca-Cola, BIC and BAT.
The following judging is now being considered by the Grand Jury as they evaluate each submission:
- Format innovation: Do you have a new concept that is redefining your offer?
- Technology, loyalty and payment systems: What innovations have you implemented that make your consumers’ lives simpler?
- Range: Have you developed new growth categories and services?
- People development: How are you engaging and training your employees? Have you had success in “best place to work” awards?
- Customer service initiatives: Can you demonstrate measured improvement in customer service focus and performance?
- Results: Do you have clear performance indicators for store(s), including customer growth, basket size, sales growth and future plans for roll-out. (This information is treated with confidentiality and only shared with the Grand Jury.)
Celebrate With Us!
The winners will be announced at the 2018 NACS European Convenience Retail Awards before an international audience of leading convenience retailers and suppliers at the NACS Convenience Summit Europe dinner and awards ceremony, Wednesday 6 June 2018, at the Hilton London Bankside Hotel.
Join us in honouring global convenience retailing excellence. To reserve a table and ensure your team has a front row seat to the celebration, please contact Allison Dean, CMP, Meetings Manager for NACS, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not miss out on the most exciting night of the year. Reserve your spot today!