ALEXANDRIA, Va.—Ten college students were selected as recipients of $3,000 scholarships through the Future Fund Scholarship Program—one of the signature programs supported by the NACS Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.
Many of convenience industry leaders began at the store level. Through hard work and commitment to learning, these employees followed career paths to senior leadership positions. The NACS Foundation Future Fund Scholarship Program helps to grow today’s top talent into tomorrow’s industry leaders through continuing education and professional development opportunities and has been doing so for over 30 years.
Each year, the NACS Foundation distributes up to 11 scholarships in the amount of $3,000 each for costs toward undergraduate career education at a community college or university. Since its inception, the program has awarded more than $500,000 in scholarships to NACS retail member company employees.
The 2021-22 NACS Foundation Future Fund Scholarship recipients, each of whom is currently employed with a NACS retail member company, are:
- Alexis Bonine, store lead, Bobby and Steve's Auto World; University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Makayla Bowling, accounting clerk, Sutey Oil Company Inc.; Montana State University Billings
- Jayden Dolechek, cashier, The Hub Convenience Stores, Inc.; Dickinson State University
- Rachel Faison, human resources generalist, Lone Star Food Stores/ Douglass Distributing; University of Texas at Tyler
- Katherine Kimmel, team member, Rutter's; Wilson College
- Matthew McDonnell, detail customer advisor/Level 3 detail technician, Delta Sonic Car Wash; The University of Iowa
- Danielle Mosley, president/controller, Supermesa Fuel & Mer, LLC dba Superpumper; Arizona State University
- Erika Sanchez, regional trainer, EG America; University of Wyoming
- Alexis Wood, foodservice area manager, Walters-Dimmick Petroleum; Grand Rapids Community College
To be notified when the 2022-23 NACS Scholarship submission period opens or to learn more about how you can help develop the next generation of leaders in the convenience and fuel retailing industry, visit conveniencecares.org/Future-Fund