IRVING, Texas – For many smartphone users, shopping at 7-Eleven stores just got even faster and more convenient with the touch of a smartphone or smartwatch. 7-Eleven Inc. now accepts Apple Pay, which is transforming mobile payments with an easy, secure and private way to pay, and Google Pay for contactless payments at participating U.S. stores.
Support for each service is expected at most U.S. stores throughout September, and adds to the company’s portfolio of mobile payment options that includes Samsung Pay. “Frictionless experiences are the future, and digital payments are key to such experiences. Consumers prefer shopping at retailers that offer digital payment capabilities,” said Gurmeet Singh, CDO and CIO of 7-Eleven. “The ability to pay with their smart device gives consumers one more reason to shop at 7-Eleven.”
Other recent digital innovations include:
- 7-Eleven NOW. The proprietary smartphone app, currently being rolled out into select U.S. markets, enables on-demand ordering of products from local 7-Eleven stores, and offers Apple Pay as a payment option.
- 7Rewards. The popular app-based customer loyalty program allows customers to earn and redeem points upon checkout. The app also provides unique and exciting customer experiences in and out of stores.
- 7-Eleven Bot on Messenger. 7-Eleven fans can engage with the brand from within Facebook by simply chatting the 7-Eleven Bot on Facebook Messenger.
- Amazon. The in-store package pickup service, Amazon Locker, is in approximately 1,100 7-Eleven stores, and Amazon Cash may be used at more than 8,000 locations.
- BillPay. The app powered by PayNearMe enables cash users to pay a variety of bills at participating 7‑Eleven stores.
“The goal is to adopt consumer-facing technology to enhance the customer experiences, as well as the technologies that work behind the scenes to ensure seamless and effortless interactions,” Singh said. “We continue to transform our business through digital, and these additional mobile payment options are the latest enhancements we have added to our in-and-out-of-store customer experiences.”