IRVING, Texas – Every year, 7-Eleven stores throw a big party to celebrate its birthday on—what else?—7-Eleven Day, better known as July 11 (7/11). Instead of cake and candles, the world’s largest convenience retailer celebrates with free Slurpee drinks, inviting millions to the party. The company introduced convenience retailing 91 years ago and is now the largest convenience chain in the world.
The Slurpee celebration followed by “seven deals in seven days” also gives hungry Slurpee drink fans an opportunity to try some of the newest 7-Eleven fresh food menu items, from artisan sandwiches to decadent brownies.
Participating U.S. stores will give away an estimated 9 million free small Slurpee drinks today from 11:00 am to 7:00 pm local time, while supplies last. The featured Slurpee flavor is Cap’n Crunch’s Crunch Berries.
“Free Slurpee day may be the most anticipated day of the year for millions of 7-Eleven customers and new customers alike,” said Raj Kapoor, 7-Eleven senior vice president for fresh food and proprietary beverages, in a press release. “7-Eleven Day is a celebration, not only of our birthday, but more importantly, of our customers.”
7-Eleven is celebrating its birthday—and the dog days of summer—with $1 Big Bite hot dogs on its July 11 birthday, and a week later on National Hot Dog Day, July 18. For 7Rewards members, great deals continue the entire birthday week, with a new one each day:
- July 12: Free 7-Select Pure water with purchase of a BODYARMOR sports drink
- July 13: Free Big Gulp fountain drink with purchase of a share-size Snickers candy bar
- July 14: Free 7-Select popcorn with purchase of a 20-ounce Smartwater
- July 15: Free single-size Reese’s candy with purchase of a share-size bag of 7-Select Gummies
- July 16: Free 20-ounce Coca-Cola with purchase of any flavor Cheez-It baked snack crackers
- July 17: Free single-serve bag of 7-Select chips with purchase of any fresh sandwich
- July 18: Free single-serve 7-Select tortilla chips with purchase of any 7-Select nuts
In addition, 7-Eleven has introduced 7-Eleven Bistro™ sandwiches. The new 7-Eleven Bistro sandwiches made with premium quality ingredients on fresh-baked bread are available nationwide at participating stores.