ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Want to know insights and information about the economy and convenience retail market specifically? Then the NACS State of the Industry Summit, to be held April 10 to 12 in Chicago, is the place for you. Attendees will hear about current consumer purchasing trends, benchmarking and comparisons against the competition to help them with making decisions about the direction to take their own stores in the coming year.
NACS has finalized the speaker lists, which encompass a mix of people from high-performing companies and experts from academia, consultants, suppliers and related organizations. This year’s speakers include:
- Alan D. Beach, 7-Eleven, Inc. Beach will examine category performance and trends and successful merchandising strategies.
- Dr. Bill Conerly, principal of Conerly Consulting, LLC. Connect the dots between the economy and your business as Conerly recaps 2017’s economic activity that influenced the convenience industry and highlights which indicators to watch in 2018.
- Mark DiDomenico, director of client solutions for Datassential Inc. From Finger Limes to Umeboshi, inception to ubiquity, DiDomenico will tell the story of what's new in food and lead that audience into a landscape of exotic spices and ingredients that are driving innovation in foodservice and may just wind up on your competitors' menus sooner than you think.
- Todd Hale, principal of Todd Hale, LLC. Hale will take a strong look at the current retail and shopper landscape as the convergence of digital, mobile, and brick-and-mortar collides with the new realities of today’s shopper.
- Andy Jones, president/CEO of Sprint Food Stores Inc. Jones will explore the latest data on U.S. financial and operational metrics including top performer data.
- Tom Kloza, global head of energy analysis for the Oil Price Information Service. Veteran supply and pricing analyst Kloza will look at the final 2017 results, but also examine why some drastic changes loom between now and 2020.
- Jason Lobel, CEO/co-founder of SwiftIQ. Lobel will discuss how technology can used to lower costs and seamlessly execute using collaborative insights shared among stakeholders.
- Thomas F. O'Toole, clinical professor of marketing and senior fellow at Northwestern University. Gain a more nuanced understanding of how senior leaders can drive innovation through the power of data analytics.
- Joe Sheetz, president/CEO of Sheetz, Inc. As the NACS Board chairman, Sheetz will welcome attendees when he delivers the Chairman Address.
- Kevin Smartt, CEO of Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc. As chairman of NACS Research Committee. Smartt will deliver the welcome address before the general sessions commence.
- Scott Stratten, disruptive and un-traditional sales, marketing, branding & relationship expert. As the president of Un-Marketing, Stratten helps organizations like PepsiCo, Century 21, Fidelity and Microsoft view their business through a new lens with radical insights on how to engage better with customers through social and viral marketing.
For more information about the NACS SOI Summit and to register, click here.